Find Latest Exam Results Here
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students.
Today, it serves the educational aspirations of over 4 million students in India and 36 other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 3,000 learner support centres and 67 overseas centres. The University offers about 490 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 420 faculty members and academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 36,000 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
The mandate of the University is to:
- Provide access to higher education to all segments of the society;
- Offer high-quality, innovative and need-based programmes at different levels, to all those who require them;
- Reach out to the disadvantaged by offering programmes in all parts of the country at affordable costs; and
- Promote, coordinate and regulate the standards of education offered through open and distance learning in the country.
To achieve the twin objectives of widening access for all sections of society and providing continual professional development and training to all sectors of the economy, the University uses a variety of media and latest technology in imparting education. This is reflected in the formulated vision of IGNOU, keeping its objectives in focus, which reads:
Over the years, IGNOU has lived up to the countryâs expectations of providing education to the marginalised sections of society. Free of cost education is being provided to all jail inmates across the country. A large number of SC/ST students have been admitted to various programmes of the University.
An innovative Bachelor of Arts programme in Applied Sign Language has been launched in collaboration with the University of Central Lancashire (UcLAN) of Britain. The programme is the first-of-its-kind in the world.
IGNOU CONTACTS :Â
|IGNOU Helpline for Exam Enquiries:||Phone No:-01129535438,011-29536743,011-29536103/6743
Intercom No:- 2224,220,2210/2212
|IGNOU Helpline for General Enquiries:||011-29571000 (EPABX 30 Lines)|
|Student Support Services Centre :||PH: 29535714,29533129 (Fax)|
|Material Production and Distribution Division :||PH: 29534521; Fax: 29535083|
|Regional Services Division :||PH: 29532072, 29534492|
|Student Registration Division :||PH: 29532741 Fax: 29532686|
|Student Evaluation Division :||PH: 29535828, 29535438, 29536743, 29536405, 29535438; Fax: 29534429|
|Electronic Media Production Centre :||29533079, 29534299(FAX)|
|Computer Division :||29533723, 29571913 Fax: 29533076|
|Security Helpline (24 Hrs) :||09968650003, 011-29535935|
Incoming search terms:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- igno latest announcements bulletinboard igno
- www ignoucentre at siliguri
- ignou today announcement of results
- Ignou siliguri ba admission confirm
- ignou announcements
- indira gandhi open university
- indiraghandhi open univercity
- todays announcements about ignou result december 2013